Cell Group Notes
These notes are provided as example questions during the Word section of your cell group meeting.
It’s all about Jesus – 13. Jesus and Practical Devotions
Matthew 6: 1-18
w/c 15th March 2020
The three things Jesus talks about in this passage is Giving, Praying and Fasting. Take some time to talk about how these three things apply to disciples in the current world situation.
Alan has invited us all to join in prayer and fasting this week. Pray:
1. That this virus might be stopped in it’s tracks and not spread to the extent expected.
2. For wisdom for our Government and the Governments of other nations as they take practical steps to counteract the effects of Covid-19.
3. For the sense of anxiety and fear felt by people will cause them to turn to God in faith.
4. That Christians will respond sensibly without fear, and be willing to surrender to the purposes of God.
5. That the underlying sense of insecurity and concern that when our comfortable lives are challenged by a major health concern will result in an awakening of our nation and our world to their spiritual need.
6. For those who are sick with this virus to be healed.
7. For comfort for those who have lost loved ones across our world.
8. For a willing spirit to comply with Government Guidance and common sense.
9. For a recognition that God allows disaster as judgement and discipline to turn our eyes upward.
10. Pray against the greed, and selfish “me first” attitude demonstrated by people stockpiling of food and toilet rolls and other things.
11. Pray that those isolated and lonely will not be unduly affected at these times where community involvement is likely to be less.
12. Pray that we as a Church may have wisdom to know how best to respond to the current Crisis and demonstrate leadership and evangelistic zeal without encouraging a spirit of fear.
13. Thank God that in all things He is working things out for good, (Romans 8:28) that he never leaves us or forsakes us and will always be our helper, no matter what (Hebrews 13:5,6) and that for disciples, whether we live or die is in God’s timing, our eternity in Heaven is guaranteed, and “for us to live is Christ and to die is gain” (Phil 1:21)